UrbanVolt created Light as a Service (LaaS®) in order to deliver LED upgrades for commercial premises for zero capital cost, making the project cash generative from day one.
We are committed to making it easy for our clients to become more sustainable and every team members strives to delivers a professional service.
Currently we are a growing company and every team member has an opportunity to work directly with senior management and have a real impact on the business. We are expanding internationally, and we are always looking to talk to interesting people.
If the vacant roles below don’t suit your skillset, get in touch regardless. Some of our best hires have started with a chat and a coffee.
And please ensure that your resume / CV is only 1 page long, accompanied by a 1 page cover letter. Resumes which are longer than 1 page will be automatically disqualified.
We are looking to hire a new UrbanVolter to work as part of the Operations team to deliver our Light as a Service (LaaS®) offering to our clients.
The most important attributes we’re looking for? Common sense and culture fit. If you think you might fit the bill, read on!
The successful candidate will work within the Operations team to deliver our LaaSⓇ offering to our clients, interacting with both the clients, installers and internal UrbanVolt departments. Set up, co-ordinate and administer inventory management processes and system. This is very much a ‘hands-on’ role.
- Refine and update existing inventory management system. Co-ordinate SKU update.
- Assist in defining and designing inventory management process and implentation of new inventory management system.
- Co-ordinate ordering, tracking, logging, managing live and sample inventory.
- Classify, track and monitor inventory as it moves through the system and various warehouses / locations.
- Project managing installation projects.
- Scheduling installation of projects and interfacing with installation partners, providing installation information and updates.
- Liaising with installation partners. Dealing with day to day requests / queries from installation partners and pursuing or providing resolutions / answers.
- Liaise with client and installation partner before, during and after installation.
- Define scope and details of installation projects and providing pertinent information to installation partners and clients.
- Monitor progress of installation and track variances on projects and flag variances that will impact margins and deadlines.
Education and Experience required:
Good organisational and communication skills are essential for this role and an aptitude for problem solving and analysis would be beneficial. We have searched, but so far we have not found a degree that offers such specific qualifications so we are looking for somebody who has a combination of pertinent education and experience (common sense!). Bear in mind this is a task and process oriented job, with every day bringing a whole new range of tasks and challenges. Patience and a good sense of humour is a must.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work as part of our team.
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve
- Willing to work on a broad range of tasks
- Ability to take ownership with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong IT skills eg. Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Degree or relevant experience (3 years) preferred.
We require a cover letter to be submitted along with a one page CV. You can read on our company blog why CVs longer than one page are automatically rejected.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested to work with UrbanVolt but don’t see any vacant roles for you?
Get in touch anyway.
We move fast and are always looking to hire smart people on to our team. Perhaps a role hasn’t yet been advertised – or perhaps you have skills we didn’t even know we need.
So send us your CV and cover letter – and remember, 1 page each only!
Where do I send my details?
Email your CV / resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that each are only 1 page long each.
Can I send a CV which is longer than 1 page?
You can – but you will be automatically disqualified from our recruitment process.
You can read why here.
Do I need to include a cover letter?
Yes. And our advice is not to give us a synopsis of your CV.
Tell us a little more about you and how you might be able to help grow UrbanVolt.
What is your recruitment process?
If we think you might be a fit for the vacant role, we will call you for a culture fit interview.
You will meet with people outside of the department where you would potentially be working.
For a second interview, you would meet with your potential line manager.