Could you be the next UrbanVolter?
We’re seeking a Maternity Leave Financial Controller to join the team in UrbanVolt HQ, Dublin.
Who are we?
UrbanVolt is an award-winning multinational company that is having a tangible impact in the fight against the climate crisis.
We’re making it easy for the world’s largest energy users to reduce their carbon footprint, by removing the financial and operational barriers to change. UrbanVolt works with some of the world’s leading brands, executing sustainability projects across 3 continents and saving millions of kWh of electricity every year.
Our unique “As a Service” offerings include capital investment, project management and maintenance, and enable large companies to radically reduce their energy consumption without any of the associated expense, risk or hassle.
The first step in the UrbanVolt sustainability journey is Light as a Service: fully funded, fully project managed LED lighting upgrades, that result in an immediate and dramatic decrease in energy consumption and costs. A win for the environment, and our clients’ bottom line.
It takes an entire team united behind something big to make a real difference, and each department is directly involved in ensuring the success of each and every UrbanVolt project.
Currently we are a small company further building its existing presence internationally and every team member has an opportunity to work directly with senior management and have a real impact on the business. We are seeking a new team member on an initial 9 month Maternity Leave contract.
We are hiring a Financial Controller who will work within the Finance team and have a measurable impact on the long term growth of the business while adding to the positive company culture. We are looking for an ambitious detail-oriented person who can work with their own initiative and make a contribution in all aspects of the company.
9 Appian Way,
Based on experience
Reporting & Compliance
● Management and creation of monthly, quarterly and annual management, statutory and investor reporting
● Preparation of board reports for quarterly & annual meetings
● Preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans and monitoring and review of same
● Preparing ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required
● Supervise and manage the finance team and function
● Monitor and maintain Tax Compliance
● Analysis and review of monthly KPIs across the Company
● Document business and accounting processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls
● Continually challenge and review processes to ensure they are scalable for growth
● Review and approve and supplier pay runs
The role will provide significant exposure to the various groups within the Company which shall allow the successful candidate to achieve significant personal career growth.
Education and Experience Required
● ACA with 3-4 years PQE
● Management experience in an industry role preferred
● Strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills with ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels internally and externally
● Strong focus on accuracy, attention to detail and ability to take ownership
● Good working knowledge of accounting packages and strong general IT skills with a focus on Google products (Sheets, Documents, Slides, GMail etc)
● Ability to multi-task and adapt to a hybrid working environment
Interested in this role?
Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] by Friday, 23 October 2020. We’re all about keeping it simple in UrbanVolt, so make sure your CV is only one page long. Any submissions longer than one page won’t be considered.