This Statement sets out the bases on which we will process any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data.
We are regulated under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation and under Irish data protection laws (together the “Applicable Laws”) and we are responsible for the personal data we collect about you as the “Controller”.
Who We Are
We are UrbanVolt Ltd T/A UrbanVolt with offices at 13 Lad Lane, Dublin 2, Ireland. We are part of the UrbanVolt group of companies with offices in Ireland and the United States (where we are UrbanVolt Inc). When we refer to “UrbanVolt”, “we”or “us” in this Privacy Statement, we are referring to UrbanVolt Ltd.
UrbanVolt is an energy services company that offers Light as a Service (LaaS®) to commercial and industrial clients: the full-service installation and maintenance of energy-saving LEDs with zero upfront investment.
Our data protection contact for the purpose of the Applicable Laws is email@example.com.
Information We Collect
- Log Data
As is standard for most websites and browser services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Website and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website, browser type and settings, the date and time the web services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data. We use such information for system administration, to analyse trends and to improve user experience.
- Device Information
UrbanVolt collects information about devices accessing the Website, including type of device, the operating system used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location Information
We receive information from you and other third parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. UrbanVolt may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Aggregated Data
We use aggregated data as a statistical measure and not in a manner that identifies you personally. Aggregated data enables us to determine how often certain parts of our Website or our web services are used so that we can improve them. We may make use of, or make such aggregated data available to, third parties, in any manner in our sole discretion. We may engage third parties to track and analyse usage and volume statistical information from Website visitors.
- Automated Decision-Making & Profiling
We use automated decision-making and profiling in the administration of our Sales & Marketing relationships. Based on preferences you may express through forms on our Website, or that we observe from your engagement with our Website content, we use a scoring system and segmentation to increase the relevancy of any Sales & Marketing content that we share with you.
How We Collect Information
In our normal business operations, you may give us information by:
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We ask you to disclose only as much information as is necessary to provide you with Light as a Service or to submit a question, suggestion or comment in relation to urbanvolt.com (our Website) or Light as a Service.
- Filling in forms on our Website (such as the Contact form or the Calculator) to request further information or a quote on Light as a Service.
- Interacting with us using social media or engaging with Website content.
- Engaging with us at trade shows or other events. Prospective clients supply us with information which may include employee contact details, a contact name, email, business address or telephone number.
- Expressing interest in Light as a Service. We may collect your name, contact details, position and the type of information you would like to receive from us.
- Interacting with us as our client: Clients may supply us with contact information for their employees, contractors, the content of support requests and billing payment details.
- Becoming a supplier to our company: We may receive personal data through the setup process or through interacting with your service or staff.
- Applying to work with us.
- Investing in our company. We may collect information about you in order to provide you with information on your investment or to comply with statutory obligations to process information about investors.
Why We Collect Information
We collect information in order to provide you with Light as a Service, to market UrbanVolt, to liaise with our suppliers, to improve our Website and to recruit staff.
We may use this information:
- To set your company up as a client on our systems
- To liaise with you about projects that we are undertaking with you
- To set your company up as a supplier to our company
- To manage our relationship with you (for example customer success activities)
- To create a candidate file for you if you are a prospective employee
- To administer and improve our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure
- To deliver information about our products and Light as a Service
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- To make recommendations to you about Light as a Service that are relevant to your business
- To administer and keep proper records of your investment in our company
The Legal Bases for Processing Your Data
- That you have provided consent for the processing, for example when you subscribe to our newsletter.
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract which you have entered into with us, or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, such as the requirement to keep proper accounting records.
- Processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests which we pursue in demand generation for UrbanVolt, providing you with quotes and proposals about Light as a Service prior to contract where such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms which require the protection of your information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We use others to help us provide and market Light as a Service (e.g., installation, maintenance, analysis, payment processing, marketing automation). They will have access to your information as is reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our customers, suppliers & our employees will be one of the transferred assets.
- As part of a project with other companies in the UrbanVolt group of companies or in order to provide support to our customers, suppliers & employees in a time zone that better suits their needs.
Period of Information Retention
The time periods for which we retain your information depend on the type of information and the purposes for which we use it. We will keep your information for no longer than is necessary and relevant for our legitimate business purposes or to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Where we no longer need your personal information we will dispose of it in a secure manner (without notifying you).
Transfer of Information Outside the European Union or European Economic Area
We may transfer your personal information to our subsidiary (UrbanVolt Inc), agents and third parties, which may be located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By providing your personal information to us, you understand that it may be transferred, stored or processed outside the EEA. In such case, we will ensure all the recipients of your information located outside the EEA have entered into a contractual arrangement with us, which protects your personal information whenever it is transferred outside the EEA.
Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Data
You have the following rights:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data about you without undue delay.
- The right to have us erase any personal data we hold about you in circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal data or, in some circumstances, if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing.
- The right to object to us processing personal data about you such as processing for profiling or direct marketing.
- The right to ask us to provide your personal data to you in a portable format or, where technically feasible, for us to port that personal data to another provider, where it does not result in a disclosure of personal data relating to other people.
- The right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data.
Where our processing of your personal data is based on your consent to that processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time but any processing that we have carried out before you withdrew your consent remains lawful.
You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
You may lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority with respect to our processing of your personal data. The local Supervisory Authority in Ireland is the Data Protection Commissioner. The website is www.dataprotection.ie.
This policy may change from time to time. Any changes will be posted on our Website and will be effective when posted. Please review this notice each time you use our Website or our web services. This notice was last updated on October 19, 2018.